LCS Pickup - A Nice Mix

 
A quick post about a few recent pickups.  Since there were no card shows this past weekend, my brother and I made a quick lap around the city and visited some card shops.  It's always fun to poke around and see all the goodies, but I didn't see too many cards to knock off on my want list.

We did find a deal on a few Kirill Kaprizov cards.  Any hockey mind knows he's the latest big deal for the MN Wild.  Above is my first KHL card of the Russian.  The card design is catchy and the backside is fairly straightforward with a few KHL stats.

Next I picked up a couple of inserts.  The Dazzler is a need for the UD set, though the "dazzlers" part at the bottom didn't come through in the scan.  The Metal Universe blue parallel was tough to pass on (despite a dinged corner).

I also found a 2004 Orlando Cepeda and for $15 this nice on-card auto had to come home with me.

There wasn't much found in the way of vintage needs.  This '69 card of Ted Williams is a bit off centered but overall in great shape.

Finally, I landed a couple of needs for my '86 Fleer basketball build.  The Olajuwon was purchased a couple weeks ago and I've been waiting for an excuse to show it off.  I decided it would be appropirate to show off alongside the sticker of Patrick Ewing I found.  The corners are dinged but overall its in excellent condition and centered. The Ewing sticker is in fantastic shape and well centered.

A couple of card shows are coming up in the next few weeks, hopefully I can knock off a few more set needs.  Until then happy hunting.


Comments

  1. I was going to comment on that cool Cepeda auto, but then Olajuwon Olajuwon Olajuwon!!! Love that card and the player. I can only assume my copy was stolen a few years ago at a trading get together. Not sure I will ever get another with the way prices have gone up. Nice pickups!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I got that Olajuwon for maybe $60, which I thought was reasonable. So with a little patience it can be had.

      Delete
  2. I have that Williams / Epstein card in my Senators team page. Nice Olajuwon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Cepeda is awesome! Love the Topps Retired Signature cards. And congratulations on landing the Olajuwon and Ewing for your set build.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always like that Ted Williams card. It's too bad that they weren't able to do those talking cards back then.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment