Redemption Time!

It's always nice when you open the mailbox and find a package of cards waiting inside.  It's even better when that package contains some redemption cards.  Redemptions have been around for a long, long time.  However it seems card makers have been using this trick for far too long.  It's one of those things when you open a package of cards and see the word "REDEMPTION" staring back at you, a feeling a dread hits you.  At that moment you wonder where is the real card?  Why didn't they just put the real deal in the package!

Anyone who has dealt with Panini and their redemption issues knows the feeling when you pull a redemption card.  My brother has an outstanding issue with them for nearly a year now, and Panini still hasn't responded to his request.  So when he pulled these redemptions, he didn't bother with them and they ended up in a box of extras that I inherited.  I'm not sure if Upper Deck is pulling the same punches Panini has but I took the chance and recorded these on the Upper Deck website.  
 

The first of 3 rookies I received is Jake Oettinger.  He's been having a decent season for the Dallas Stars.

The second rookie is again from Dallas.  I think someone at Upper Deck knew I was a North Stars fan so they decided to rub it in and send this card.

Finally we have Dylan Cozens. So far he has a mediocre 31 points in 57 games this year.  Hopefully he picks things up a bit (but not too much).

Three rookie Artifacts from the Upper Deck Artifacts set thanks to my brother.  And a sigh of relief that Upper Deck honored their commitment for these rookie redemptions.  Oh and just in case anyone cares to read up, here is one link on the  Panini issue.


Comments

  1. I have no idea who the kids are, but it is nice to hear that UD honored these cards. Panini used to be the best with their redemptions, but things have really gone south for them over the last few years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a few issues with redemption cards over the years, but ultimately I always received something. That being said... I'm not a big fan of them being used by card companies. I know they aren't going away and I've accepted it. Don't have to like it though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment