Resolutions Revisited

 

I'm a bit late with a progress report, but the first quarter of 2022 wrapped up a month ago so I thought it was time for this.  While I feel like I've gained many cards and have made progress on sets, it just doesn't seem like its enough.  Every time I'm card shopping, it is difficult to keep my purchases in check because there are so many sweet cards out there.  That's why this blog exists, it helps me stay on track and I reference my want list often. 

Here we go:

  • Finish 2 of the following baseball sets:  1969, 1970, 1971 or 1972
    • OK, not making much progress here.  I still have to dig these out and sort through my boxes.  Which is depressing because I probably could have completed one of them by now!
  • Finish a shiny new set.  This included the 2020-21 UD Hockey set (plus young guns), 2020 Prizm Football and the Topps 70th Patch insert set.
    • I've been making serious progress on the 2020 Prizm Football set.  I have one big rookie (Herbert) to acquire and the rest are very affordable.  For the Topps 70th patch set, I need only 5 more cards to complete it.  The UD Hockey is going to be tough, as I still need a  Lafreniere YG and the complete update series.   Nevertheless, I'm optimistic I'll complete 2 shiny sets this year.
  • Finish the Fleer 1986 Basketball set. 
    • I need 13 more cards and 2 stickers.  Ok one of those stickers may not be attainable.  But I continue to acquire these cards when I see them.  I'm on track to complete this set.
  • Reduce my collection by 30k cards. 
    • UGH!  That's all I can say.  Not much progress here.
  • Accumulate more vintage, especially from 1956 and 1965.
    • Yep mission accomplished.  Very good progress here.
  • Organize, organize, organize!
    • Still an unmanaged monster.  I bought a case of 10k sleeves and more boxes.  Baby steps.
Time flies and it feels like I haven't put a dent in my resolutions.  Hopefully this quarter will show more progress and I can announce some set completions.  And as for point #4, you can expect a few random giveaways such as this one (first come first serve and don't forget to email your address).

I have some random Yankees:

Random Heritage:


Random 2021 Topps:


And random UD hockey:



Comments

  1. Reduce your collection by 30k cards? That's a lot of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm unsure of the giveaway. Forgive me, I'm new. Are what's in the picture what is being given away? And if so, do I just claim one? If that is how it works, I would like to claim the Heritage. If I can claim more than one, I would like the 2021 Topps as well. Sorry for the long post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a free for all, no limits. I've reserved those 2 groups of cards for you. Make sure to send me your address.

      Delete

Post a Comment