More Card Show Additions

Last weekend's card show was very good to me.  Not only did I complete my Fleer 1986-87 Basketball set, but I found quite a few cards to add to PC's or for builds.  I'm already looking forward to a return trip!  But first I've got some cards to show off.


I'll start with this big vintage need for my 1956 baseball set.  Adding a '56 Koufax fills a big hole in the set.  It has some surface wear and the usual "vintage issues", but no creases.  It's also a "white back" card, but I'm not being picky with this set.


I also added this Luis Arraez Topps Gallery numbered to 25.


Gaylord Perry's passing had me thinking I should add a certified auto, and for $10, why not?


The Kirby Puckett Silver Slugger Award patch card from this year Topp's series two was a no brainer for me.  These are sweet looking cards and I may have to pursue this insert set.


I've kind of turned into a big Luis Arraez fan boy.  I already have a loose version of this card and couldn't resist a Beckett 9.5.  This is my first Beckett graded card, but I kind of wish it was a PSA 10 because I like consistency (all my other graded cards are by PSA).

There's more to show off but didn't have time today.  Until next post, Happy Holidays!

 

Comments

  1. I'm surprised that you were able to get that Perry auto so cheap after his just passing away. That's the sort of thing that usually gets marked up quite a bit to try and capitalize on whoever's death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure grab cards I wish I could grab! We must have the same tastes. I like Arraez a lot too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some fantastic pickups. Love that Koufax! I think I missed my window on adding that card to my 1956 Topps collection (by the way, his 1955 Topps card is his rookie card). That Perry is cool too. $10 is a great price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stand corrected, for some reason I had rookie on my mind when I wrote that.

      Delete

Post a Comment