Recent Additions

My brother and I made it out to a card show last weekend.  Where this show is held, it is usually one of the smallest we attend, however on this occasion there were a few more dealers than usual.  Unfortunately time was tight, so I couldn't spend all day looking for goodies.  Which is probably a good thing because I'm certain I would have spent my whole monthly allowance there.


I thought I'd start off with this addition.  This actually wasn't at the show, but my low bid (yeah surprised I won this) was the winner.  I didn't know what this was at first as I had never seen the card before, but I'm a sucker for die cuts.  This is a 1998 UD Spectacular Stats card.  The 'stats' portion is die cut and the image of Jordan is actually like a screen.  Pretty cool.


I'm also a sucker for rookie cards like this 1983 card of Mike Singletary.  It's in darn good condition and I'm kind of surprised these don't generate more interest.


For vintage I picked up a trio of 1970 high numbers for about $1.50 each.


As we were walking out of the show, I stopped briefly at a table and found this in a box.  An autographed Mario Andretti.  Probably the best known name in racing other than Petty and my first card of any racing professional.  Unfortunately its not a certified auto, but I trust this dealer and may get it authenticated.


Finally our favorite hockey player, Kirill the Thrill!  This is one of those things where we walked into the show and my brother went to the left, and I went to the right.  Yes my brother is totally jealous I found this before he could snatch it away from the dealer.  😁

There are some great shows coming up this month and I'm looking forward to attending all of  them.
Happy hunting!


Comments

  1. I hate you. - Your brother who went to the left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the young folks probably don't even know who Mike Singletary is, hence the lack of interest in his rookie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Jordan card is sweet! I'd love to one day find a cheap set of 1998 Upper Deck Michael Jordan Career Collection, so I can grab all ten of those Spectacular Stats cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that Minnesota Wild-Stars jersey, and your Kaprizov collection is very impressive!

    You make a great point about 80s HOFers like Singletary, they do seem undervalued. If I had more time/money I'd definitely try to collect RCs of players like Singletary, Ronnie Lott, and Lawrence Taylor.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment