1993 Post Baseball (It's Free)

 

I came across this small set recently and decided I had to have it.  As much as I like food issued oddball sets - for which the 90's are loaded - this seemed to fit that bill.  So when I saw this on an auction site I put in a small bid because I really had no idea how to value these.  But I still came away a winner!  
I know that many collectors won't consider buying this type of set but I don't shun them.  Many sets like this are loaded with superstars of the era and often times the design is rather fetching.


I guess you could kind of consider this to be a subset, but these two cards highlight a career achievement for two players whose careers have mirrored each other since they came in the league.  Amazingly, both players crossed the 3000 hit plateau in the same month.


The red and black stripes are a catchy look and I don't mind the vertical stripe on the right.  Though I kind of wish the Post logo was a bit smaller.  It just seems to jut out there in the picture.


For fans of airbrushed cards there are a few really good examples in this set.


The set is loaded with Hall of Famers.  I like this Gwynn as it looks like he squared around to bunt and didn't like the pitch.  


It looks like someone put some thought into the back side.  A nice layout and it is easy to read with some quick facts about the player (I never knew Glavine was also a hockey player).

This is a fun, small 30 card set for anyone who doesn't miss the team logo.

Did I mention that my low bid wasn't just for this set?  It was actually for quite a few of these sets!  
All still in shrink wrap too.  So my winning bid means you win!  That's right, anyone who mentions 'Post' in the comments will receive a complete 1993 Post Baseball card set!  Remember to use the word 'POST' in the comments.  While supplies last!  Oh who am I kidding?  I'm not running out because I've got a bunch of these so go ahead and claim one or two!


Comments

  1. I can use one too. Thanks for your generosity! POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this POST. My favorite cereal at one time was POST Grape Nuts. Thank you for this opportunity. I hope many others read this POST also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a cool POST.
    Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey John, I can't find your address please send it to me!

      Delete
  4. If you want to see Glavine on skates, see 1992 Pinnacle card #594. I already have the complete set of 1993 Post. Love the Post sets all the way back to the early 1960s. I have most of the modern issues except for the 2003 set where I only have 4 of the 31 cards. I also have most of the mini-bobbleheads issued in 2002 & 2003.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check that out.

      Delete
    2. 2022 Stadium Club Chrome also shows Glavine on the ice. I just picked it up, for that reason.

      Delete
  5. I'm a sucker for food issue cards, so if you still have a set available, I'll say. . . POST!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glavine's 1992 Score Dream Team card shows him plaing hockey (sort of).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure, why not, I'll POST a comment for one of these sets, assuming you have enough to reach me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another POST set would be great if any are still available.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another POST set would be great if any are still available.
    I had forgotten that when I comment from my iPad that it shows as anonynous - please disregard my screw up above- Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please be sure to send your address. You can reach me using the profile link.

      Delete
  10. Just dropping a note to thank you for your continuing generosity. I'm purposely not saying the word though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't mind these Post oddballs since it generally appears like they just remove the logo and don't mess with the overall uniform. Congrats on the purchase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't recall if I have your address, please send it my way and I'll get a set out to you.

      Delete
  12. I personally really enjoy the POST sets. I have several of the earlier 90s cards, but none from the 1993 set. If still available I would be interested in one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it! Just make sure to get your address to me.

      Delete
    2. Sent an email via your profile link, thank you

      Delete
  13. The design isn't bad, but I just can't see past the lack of logos; which is funny because prior to my finding the blogs, I never noticed things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great post. This post had post in it. Many post-ed comments on this post. I am also post-ing to wish you a happy rest of your week. Did I mention post?

    Matt-SCC

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment