Frame It Up (row 1)

This is a follow up to my last post which mentioned I had bought a bunch of cards (all signed) that were framed up.  So this makes for an easy series of posts as I'll highlight each row (4 rows, 20 cards).  The top row if cards consisted of 5 cards signed by NBA players.  Most of these have ties to Minnesota and all look like they were obtained in person.  No COA's came with these but I have no reason to doubt their authenticity.


First up is a Ron Artest rookie card from 1999 Topps.  The signature varies a bit from what I've seen online but you never know.  Players get in a hurry and their auto's change from item to item.


Next is a Dean Garrett auto from 1999 Skybox Premium.  This signature is consistent with what I've found online.  Interesting how his signature differs from the facsimile on the card.  He was a role player with the Timberwolves.


Terrell Brandon made an impact with the Timberwolves upon arriving after the blockbuster trade that sent Stephon Marbury to the Nets and Sam Cassell to the Bucks.  However he only lasted 4 years with the Timberwolves.  This signature is consistent with what I've seen online and the card is from the 1999 Fleer Ultra set.  Someday I'll complete this set.


The 4th card is signed by Hall of Famer Kevin Garnett.  His signature varies, and in my opinion has devolved since coming in to the league.  I have an autographed item from after he was first drafted and his signature is actually legible.  Nowadays,  it's tough just to make out a K and a G.  This card is from 1997 Skybox Premium.


Last card of the top row is former MN Gopher and NBA player Bobby Jackson.  Those of us who followed Gopher basketball loved to watch this guy play.  This autograph is consistent from what I've seen him sign.  The card is from 1997 Topps.

So that's the top row.  Other than the KG signature there's not a lot of value.  These are players (other than KG) where I probably wouldn't invest my time and money chasing an autograph.  However it's still nice to see the local flavor in this row.


Comments

  1. The fake Artest auto card market is wild.
    Cop in Miami was driving a Porsche, living in a big house with a pool. People thought he was on the take. Turns out he was dealing fake Artest auto cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I haven't heard that before. I can only hope the one I have is legit.

      Delete
    2. It's hard to believe that anyone could make that much money in 2023 just selling fake Artest autos.

      Delete

Post a Comment