Sunday Randomness - Cleaning My Desk

 

Here's a few cards that have been sitting on Crocodile's desk for awhile begging to be put to use.  Actually my wife was sick of seeing my cards laying around so it was time to cleanup a few of these and put them away.  So I thought before that happens these would make good fodder for a post.


A few of these cards have a little hometown flavor to them including Minnesota Wild star, Kirill the Thrill.  This is from a 2019 set produced by Hot Shot Prospects.  I'm pretty sure my Kirill super-collector brother doesn't have this one.  Shhh...no one tell him.


From the 2020 Hot Shot set is this card of  Timberwolves guard Anthony Edwards.  Edwards has been a steady presence for the Wolves and at times can take over a game.


Twins fans are all ga-ga over Royce Lewis.  I started collecting his cards over the summer, and this Bowmen Chrome purple refractor is a perfect 10.  Just like with Arraez, I'm becoming a big fan of his.


I also spent some hard earned cash on these two Royce Lewis rookies.  Both are on-card auto's.  Interesting to see how different his signature is between the two cards.  He must have been in a hurry when he signed that Leaf card.  If this guy can stay healthy watch out.  Twins fans are praying he's not another Buxton.



This isn't the most high profile rookie card of JJ, but around here all of his rookies come at a premium.  Still, I'll add them when I see them.



I'm slowly completing my Topps Finest set of Mantle reprints.  This is a decent reprint of his '59 Sport Magazine AS card.  I didn't notice the protective cover coming up at the corner before I scanned this so I'm a little bummed about that.


This Mantle was part of a stack of Mickey Mantle cards that I won in an auction.  The AS card above is what really caught my attention but the 2009 checklist from Topps 206 set is kind of cool and is one of only two cards I own from that set (the other is another checklist with Mantle on it).


Also included in that stack is this Topps Chrome card that commemorates Mickey's 60th home run and is part of a set commemorating each of the home runs he hit.


I have a bunch of these Mantle's from Topps 1996 set.  I didn't think anything of it until...


I flipped the card over there is a Last Day Production stamp!  I've never seen this before and the card is sealed in plastic.  I'm wondering if this was a special insert with the retail sets?


Finally in the "just because" category, I landed this football repack for $11 (including shipping).  I like those old Pacific Prisms and I figured with The Bus's rookie card, why not scoop it up?  Only question now is should I open it?


Comments

  1. That repack is awesome!! Prism was a fun product. My favorite year for it is 1995.
    Matt-CardsOverCoffee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some nice cards from all the Minnesota teams. Always good cards when they are a Minnesota team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd leave that old repack sealed, that being said, I've mentioned on the blog a few times over the years that I'd love to find some old repacks to open; if only for the nostalgia factor.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment