Back at it

 

The month of June turned out to be a very busy month for me.  Some planned and not planned things happened.  Grad parties and a wedding kept me busy for three of those weekends and most of the rest of my time was spent helping my older daughter (who moved out of state) find a new car, since the car she took is now heading for the junk heap.  I never liked that car anyway, but I did count my blessings the car actually made it half way across country without any incidence.

As if that stuff didn't take up enough time, my desktop computer (which is my main working machine for most things internet related) took a crap on me.  The machine is aging (it's at least 12 years old) so I guess something was bound to happen.  Normally its a hard drive that goes but this was a combo issue.  The graphics card also gave out.  Fortunately my brother has a drive cloner and I was able to salvage the boot disk, create a new one and reinstall.  Then a new GPU was in order and presto! I have an almost new desktop in working order.

My computer problems didn't end there.  I also had 3 - yes THREE - monitors crap out.  Have you ever heard of that happening?  I didn't think so.  One was a work monitor which is already replaced, the other 2 were used with my desktop.  Around here, monitors are not cheap to recycle.  Ugh.

After all that, I'm hoping I can get back into a nice, regular, boring routine this month.

Of course, I still managed to get my hands on some cards.

I feel like my '56 set build is going about as slow as molasses.  These help but I'm still only 55% done.


A bunch of '65 high numbers.  I need to get that want list up for this set.


Last card to show is this nice OPC Blue Surge Kaprizov.  My brother pointed this one out and talked me into bidding on it.  Though he didn't really have to try too hard to get me to jump on it.

I'd show off more cards, but I don't want to jinx things.  I feel like my luck with computers will give out at any moment.  Until next time thanks for reading and happy hunting!


Comments

  1. Hope things start going better for you. Fantastic Kaprizov card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That computer stuff sounds like a nightmare, I barely understood the second half of your second paragraph. The nice vintage helped put me at ease.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's is to an awesome 2nd half of the year! BTW, with the 56's drop me an e-mail

      Delete
  3. I still have a few unwanted 65's left, so I'll look forward to perusing your list after it gets put up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope things slow down for you in July. Sorry to hear about all of those computer issues. I've been having some issue too. My iMac is 11 years old and still works. The problem is software related. I've had to switch my photo editing program, because the one I used for over a decade requires a newer operating system and my computer can't run the latest OS. Plus there are a few other programs I use that can no long update until I update the OS.

    It's gonna suck having to buy a new one, but it's hard to complain about the fact that this computer was reliable all these years.

    Your 1956 set build might be slow, but at least you're building it. It's such a gorgeous set. 1965 isn't too shabby either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why '56? Aren't they too big for 9-pocket slots?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are, but normally I don't store my sets in binders (though these would it nicely into the 8-pocket pages).

      Delete
  6. Is it possible that you've got a power issue? That's a lot of separate components to all go around the same time

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment