Took a break

 

I decided to take a break from blogging and do other stuff like fishing.  I'm always a sucker for a week or so on the water and this year's vacation was awesome.  I don't do a very good job of keeping up on the blogs when I'm away, but I see a few of you bloggers have been keeping busy.  One of the busy bloggers has been Johnny of Johnny's Trading Spot fame.  I won a contest awhile back and thought I'd share the goods.


He sent me a few nice cards of Twins players for my PC.  Lew Ford didn't quite turn out to be the gem we had hoped for but he had his moments.


Same thing for Chad Allen.


Marty Cordova wasn't exactly a bust for the Twins.  His career started off strong, winning the 1995 Rookie of Year award.  However he was bothered by injuries for most of his career (sounds like a current player).  Apparently Marty is a close friend of Dana White and has been seen in his video blogs.


Scott Baker spent seven years with the Twins and was a mainstay in the rotation.  He compiled a 63-48 record with a hefty 4.15 ERA.


This in-person auto of Tom Brunansky is pretty cool.  He was a mainstay in the Twins lineup through their 1987 WS season.  He was then unceremoniously traded away for the Cardinals Tom Herr.  This is a trade most Twins fans hated and question to this day.  Tom Herr hated Minnesota, and to my knowledge if anyone were to ask him today, he would probably say he still hates Minnesota.  Nevertheless, Brunansky went on to have several productive seasons with the Cardinals (and then Boston).


This is another in-person autograph, this time of catcher Tim Laudner.  Tim spent his entire career with the Twins, enduring it's lows (102 losses in 1982) and high (1987 WS).  Laudner is the only Twins player from this list that I've actually met, and he's a genuinely nice guy.  He also does color commenting for Twins broadcasts.

So there you go, as always great stuff from Johnny.  Thank you for the contest!
 



Comments

  1. I've never met Laudner, so I'm voting for the Brunansky auto.
    Don't forget to photograph your fish with the zoom, so they look bigger than they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some nice Twins cards! I was not able to break away to get on the lake this summer or fall. Time is working against me now. Maybe I'll wait for the water to harden.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment