As summer is winding down, things haven't slowed down around here. Lately most of my free time has been poured into clearing the card room for a makeover. When I'm not into reorganization mode, I've been making some upgrades to my fishing equipment and trying to get on the water. My brother and I recently picked up some cameras to record a few fishing adventures. Whether or not that translates to another YT channel has yet to be determined. My brother has already started another YT channel called Cosmic South Dakota, you can check that out HERE.
Through all the busy weeks the one true constant has been the card collecting. It's a hobby that always keeps me grounded no matter how chaotic things get. So here are few recent additions.
I really haven't been collecting a whole lot of this guy but this 1995 SP Platinum Power card caught my attention. It's a sweet looking die-cut.
In my opinion, you can't go wrong adding Ohtani's to your collection. The 2019 Panini Donruss Highlights was found by my brother in South Dakota. He text me a photo of this after leaving the shop. I promptly text him and told him go back and get it. So here it is.
This 1999 Topps Chrome Lords of the Diamond insert was found at my LCS. I don't recall what I paid for it but it needed a good home. Its very shiny and a die-cut.
Finally, a quick personal update. I know I said I didn't want to give updates and turn the focus aways from cards, but recently I passed my 1-year anniversary since being diagnosed with CLL (chronic lymphocytic leukemia). It's been a ride: an 8-day hospital stay, 9 transfusions, a 6-month regimen of infusions, and 2 full body scans to go along with countless labs, doctor visits and a cocktail of pills.
It was a shock to hear that diagnosis (I don't know anyone who wouldn't be shocked to find out they have an incurable disease) but my doctors had a plan and it's been working. I'm very close to full remission.
Of course there have been unexpected results along the way, as these treatments have a way of wiping out your immune system. As a result I've had to miss family functions and other get togethers but you've got to take things seriously with this disease.
Hopefully there will be many more of these anniversaries. For anyone reading this, I would encourage you to consider donating blood, or to any of the many hospitals or cancer research institutions.
Until next time, happy hunting!




Comments
Post a Comment