Autographs From the Goody Box

 I have in storage some boxes that I affectionately call "the goody box".  Each box is full of a bunch of favorite cards that are placed into recessed screwdown holders.  Then I stash the box away to be pulled out when I feel like visiting my happy place.  Some cards carry significant value, but all are treasured by me.  Which is why I've instructed my kids that if a tornado is ever approaching the house, they are to first run to the closet and grab a goody box before seeking shelter.  

The cards I'm showing off here are part of a very small set (only 2 cards!) called Glidden Heritage of a Legend.  The set contains cards of Joe Morgan and Carlton Fisk.  Back in 1997 I wasn't really into paint, but I probably would have found something that needed painting had I known about this promotion.  

The cards are nicely designed with a gray faux wood (metal?) border and fortunately someone at Glidden had the good wisdom to refrain from using stickers.

The card backs are packed full of information and highlights about the player, but you only get one line of career stats.

Of course, you also receive a nice, card sized COA, certifying the autograph.

I may have paid a total of $40 for this little set, which is totally worth it my opinion. In my experience searching for this set, the Carlton Fisk card has generally been a bit cheaper and I've found the Morgan card to be the harder of the two to locate.  The cards are a great value, nicely designed and this also satisfies my thirst for on-card autographs.  


Comments

  1. Wonderful cards, never seen those before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been an avid collector of autographs for nearly thirty years... and I've never seen these before. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never knew about Glidden cards. Really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Count me as another one who hadn't ever seen these before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking set and what a nice Joe Morgan card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Never have seen these before

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment