LCS Pickup - 1986/87 Fleer Basketball

As stated in my 2022 resolution, I wanted to work toward the completion of the 1986/87 Fleer basketball set and my finds this weekend put me on a path towards that goal. 

For starters I landed World B Free and Jay Vincent. My scans not withstanding, these cards are in excellent condition with solid corners. The centering issue is from the scanner, the cards are not that poorly centered.

Next up we have Calvin Natt, Xavier McDaniel and Rolando Blackmon. Boy I wish these had scanned better, the Blackmon card is centered very nicely. The five cards above set me back $25.

Finally, a couple of solid acquisitions. An Isiah card and sticker! Landing the Isiah was a priority as one of the more expensive cards I needed to complete the set. The surface of the card and corners all look great. The card is a bit off centered just not as bad as it scanned. Though you can't tell here the sticker is centered nicely. I now have 6 of the 11 stickers. This combo set me back $65. 

There were a few other acquisitions of the vintage variety found in the bargain bins, but not really worth blogging about. I was more excited to knock a few of these off the want list. Hopefully in the coming months I'll be able to land a few more and finally complete this iconic set.


Comments

  1. Very nice. Insane to be so close to the complete set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. I'm really enjoying this set build. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how much the prices have gone up on this set in the last two years. I am very glad that I'm not trying to collect it now -- though I do still need a couple of singles for some player collections :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. World B. Free was I think the second card I was able to get from this set...I'm only three cards away from completing it myself but one of them is the Jordan so I don't ever expect to unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment