Feeding the Crocodile

 

I got a nice surprise in the mail today.  It's my first ever  PWE from a fellow blogger!  Nick over at Dime Boxes was giving away cards as part of his 10th year of blogging.  Naturally I jumped into the action to claim a few precious gems.

I'll start with these oddballs.  Ernie Banks from Topps Archives is always nice, and I really like the design of that '95 Jimmy Dean set. It's a small set that I'm slowly completing.  Same thing with the McDonald's gold, I love that design.  Finally it's a Post Cereal Kirby Puckett.  I'll take a Kirby anyday.

Lucky for me, I was able to claim a blue parallel Topps 70th patch card of George Brett.  I'm over halfway toward completing the insert set and certainly don't mind parallels.

Next up is a 1992 Kellogg's of Tony Perez.  The scan really highlights the 3-d effect and this may be my first card of this set.  Then we have an Arche-types of Tony Gwynn, another favorite ball player of mine.  I would have loved to have seen a World Series matchup between the Twins and Padres back then. Watching Puckett and Gwynn in a World Series would have been awesome.

Finally we have some vintage cards.  A couple of fillers for my '64 build (for some reason the scanner cut off Dean Chance) and a couple from the '70's that should improve upon some placeholders.

Thanks again Nick!  A belated Happy Birthday and may you blog another 10 years!




Comments

  1. I like food issues with the company logo on the front. '64 Alston wins this round though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed Nick's giveaway -glad you got good cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The McDonald's gold is really nice. I like the design quite a bit, even though I only just recently saw them for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You picked some cool stuff from Nick's giveaway. I'm a big fan of 90's oddballs. Oh... and I would have loved to see Gwynn and Puckett face off against each other in a World Series too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving that Yaz oddball - such a great looking photo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment