Friday Mailbag

It is always a pleasant experience when getting the mail and finding packages of cards.  It makes the long walk out to the mailbox almost worth it and these packages help dilute the other garbage usually associated with mail - bills, flyers and other junk mail.  So when I saw not only a couple of ebay buys in the box but also a couple of bonus packages this week, it made all the wintry weather melt away.

Or maybe not - it was still snowing when I wrote this.

First up is a nice package of cards as promised by Night Owl.

Night Owl had been giving away some cards but couldn't find a gold card or two so he sent a bunch of Twins.  Which is OK with this Twins fan (even though he's probably gloating inside at the recent sweep by the Dodgers of my hometown team).  I didn't scan each card here but thought I'd show off some favorites.

Here are some ex-Twins, but first time cards from each of these sets for me.  Berrios had plenty of chances with the Twins before they pulled the plug and traded him.  Now that he's an ex-Twin I'm sure he'll make the Hall of Fame.  Speaking of which, Nelson Cruz and his 450 home runs might be a serious candidate some day.  And Michael Cuddyer was a fan favorite and all-around solid player.

A few Topps Holiday versions.  I really like these and don't know why I don't collect more of them.

Next is a shiny Jeffers rookie.  To my knowledge he's still with the Twins.  The Soderholm is my first card from the Swell set and someday I have to get serious about that one.  Then a Perkins die-cut rookie.  He's currently a color analyst.  Finally a card from '93 of the great Harmon Killebrew.

Oh yeah, Night Owl did include a 1993 gold Hershiser! 

And then he really upped things with these classic '73s which will fit in great with my '73 frankenset.

Next up is none other than FUJI! He commented on my blog after the Diamond King draft where I was able to grab a nice Tony Gwynn commemorative card from the 1992 Fleer Ultra set.  

 
Fuji had some dupes from the same set and got me going to complete the really nice set of one of my favorite players.  Thanks to Fuji (and ebay) I will have not only a complete set, but one of the autographed cards from this classy set.  

But wait that's not all!


Fuji included some bonus cards!  And who doesn't like bonus cards?  These three are of a favorite player.  I really enjoy each of these cards and especially like the 1986 glossy. 

Thank you Night Owl and Fuji for feeding the Crocodile!



Comments

  1. Glad to finally get something out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see that Gwynn autograph. There was a time in my life when I considered collecting all ten signatures, but now I'm just happy to have one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment