LCS Pickup - Vintage and a Surprise

After striking out last weekend I was anxious to make a round of stops.  So my brother, a friend of his and myself hit the road to visit a few local shops.  Compared to the prior weekend, this past weekend was a huge success for us.  I was overdue to find something, especially after I struck out last weekend.   The first stop included a favorite shop the always seems to have something for each of us.  

It didn't disappoint.

That's right, a pile of vintage!  Many of these cards were needs or upgrades to a few I have.  It always brightens the spirit when I get to sort through a bin of vintage.

These will fit nicely into my casual 1960 set build.  I pulled about a dozen cards for this set.  In all there were several dozen to be had for about $20.  The cards are all in great shape, no creases, marks or tears.  That's my kind of deal.

I also found a pile of gold foil parallels for the 1954 Topps Archives set.  In case anyone missed my post about this set HERE I had mentioned I might seek out these parallels.  I didn't expect to find over 60 in one box.

In case you're curious, here's the difference between the standard and the foil version.

Up next, I found some cut auto's by a company called The Bar Trading Cards.  I have no idea how legit these are.  I've never heard of this company prior to this encounter.  I have a couple of legit auto's of each of these players, and these look very close.  For under $40 for both, I took the chance.  Each claims to be a 1/1 card.  However this shop had a second Gary Carter, that also said it was a 1/1, but it was just a bit different so maybe that came from a different release.  I left that one in the case.  The website for this company is still up, but I couldn't find much info about this company.

Speaking of chances.  My brother took a chance on something called the Ultimate Collection by Upper Deck.  This is a super late release - at least a YEAR late.  He's been burned by these high-end products many times, never able to get ahead.  This time I'll let the video speak for itself.


Here's a closer look.  I'm not sure there's any bigger fan of Kirill than my brother.   

Congrats bro!  That's a big time hit. 


Comments

  1. Vintage is good. Inexpensive vintage is even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my bro would go driving around to card shops with me. Congratulations to him on that sweet pull!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comments like this give my bro a big ego. lol

      Delete
  3. This looks more like a card show haul. Sounds like you probably need to check out this shop a little more often, especially if they're gonna keeping stocking things like this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment