Recent Vintage Pickups

 

Shiny new cards aren't the only thing I've been buying lately.  A while back I was at a card show - no surprise there - but some of the tables were well attended.  It took awhile for me to circle and circle, and circle again, until a spot opened at one of the tables I had my eye on.  Finally, I had a place where I could dive into a discount box without getting elbowed.  I was delighted to find many cards from the 1975 Topps Mini set. 

It wasn't just a couple, there were a whole bunch!  Being this is one of my more "casual" sets in progress I didn't expect to buy, let alone find, any mini's in great condition.

I kept sorting through the box and found more and more.  The dealer had mentioned he bought a collection and these were a part of it.  He had these in a box marked 2 for $1.

In fact, the pile kept  getting higher and higher.  72 cards in all!  The best part is, the dealer dropped his price, and I was able to pick this lot for 20 cents per card.

Then I found this card wanting a new home.  I wish it would have been 20 cents, but that is only a pipe dream. That set me back $20.  It's a nice addition to my set.

At a different show, I was able to add to my 1969 set build by finding a trio of nice additions including this Clemente.

I couldn't turn down this Willie Mays.  It's a bit rough on the edges but otherwise in great shape.

The seller had some reservations with this Bench.  He told me had this since he was a kid, and parting with it was bittersweet.  I completely understand!  In all I landed these three for under $60.  Now if I could just land a Mantle, Jackson and Aaron for the same life would be good.

Anyone reading these posts know that I'll give cards away at anytime.  For June I've decided that any cards not claimed will go into a pile until someone claims all by stating so in the comments.  A reader can put in a single claim, but anything unclaimed goes into the pile until someone claims ALL.  There are 27 cards in the pile currently.

And now for your viewing pleasure, another BackSeat Break.  Enjoy!





Comments

  1. Yeah, that's a nice trio of '69s. Mays wins it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. '75 minis, my all-time favorite set! ... I almost never see them at card shows, so that's a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 For $1 seemed a little pricey to me, but twenty cents apiece was a steal, especially for cards in that kind of condition.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment