Pickups and Projects

 

Summer is already winding down and while I haven't been to many card shows, I'm still keeping watch for cards that will help me complete a set (or start a new one).  I've been diving into the black hole where the collection is stored and pulling out more stuff that needs to be cataloged.  Unfortunately, my ADHD kicks in once in awhile causing a diversion from my task at hand.  Thus, projects get put on hold and new projects are started.  This whole organizing thing can go sideways fast.

It seems I'm really a sucker for these newer patch cards.  I first saw these batting helmet cards on another blog (I'm really bad at recalling where), so when I saw this Buxton up for grabs, I grabbed it.  A cool card for the oft injured Twins star.  I was surprised at not only how thick these are, but how much they weigh (1.3oz)!

Next up is another budding Twins star.  Luis Arraez may win a batting title in his career and I'm happy to have his rookie card.

I also picked up this Topps Total Jay-Z card.  His cards were hot at one time, so I thought I'd follow the crowd.  I kind of feel like storing this with my non-sports collection.

I'm making progress - slow progress - on my 1964 set build.  Unfortunately I had forgotten that I already have this card!  Maybe it can be trade bait for something I need.

It's the great Harmon Killebrew.  This is an upgrade for my 1962 Post set build.

Finally, a unique insert card from 2008 Topps Chrome Football.  These Honor Roll Command patch cards are as cool as they are unique.  I landed this one for a mere $5.

This round of pickups is pretty diverse and gives me a couple ideas for potential projects.  I'm not sure I'll chase the Honor Roll insert cards, but I really like those helmet inserts.  Unfortunately, none of them look like they'll be easy on the pocketbook.

Here's another look at something that is not easy on the pocketbook.  It's Backseat Breaks!



Comments

  1. Thumbs up for Arraez! I'm on a kick where I'm crotchety about the low batting averages across MLB. Old man here, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considering how often people complain about the manufactured relics, those helmets seem to be pretty popular on the blogs and Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great variety of cards. That patch is cool. Never seen that Topps Total Jay-Z. I picked up a Bowman card of his. I wanted the Bowman Chrome, but it was too expensive.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment