Sunday Randomness - What was I thinking?

 

After not spending any time at card shows or shops the past month, I was feeling the itch to get out and reacquaint myself with the hobby.  So I ventured out this weekend and hit up a card show and a couple of shops.  Unfortunately the time spent there didn't really pay off as I wasn't able to find any of my needs to complete a couple sets.  I did spend a little cash on bulk buys hoping I could find something to make it worth the time going through these piles of cards.


Here's a look at what I brought home.  Apparently, $80 gets you approximately 12k cards nowadays.  Did I need more junk wax?  No.  Did I need another project?  No.  Like I said, I just had to satisfy the itch.  You may have noted in the top photo, there is a factory set of 1991 Fleer, which is one of my most hated sets.  I didn't have it before, but I do now.  And that 1990 Fleer set?  Yeah that will get purged.

Cracking open one box, it looked promising at first.  I found 1978 Topps through 1986.  There is also a bunch of 1981 Donruss through 1984, along with some Fleer of the same years.  Mostly commons so not great.

Here's a look at the top box of cards.  Should be interesting to sort through this one.

However, I really didn't need any 1993 Upper Deck.  I haven't completed this set yet so maybe they'll come in handy.

There was also a tray of maybe 4k cards.  Many 1987 Topps, with a few other years mixed in.  Hit me up if anyone needs more 1987 Topps.

A box of new stuff.  This looks promising but I still need to search through this one.  Hopefully I'll find a few cards to help complete a set or two.


I found this in the tote.  I've been meaning to put this set together, but I sure am glad I didn't spend $44.99 on it back in 1991!  Whew!  Dodged that bullet!  :)

So far this isn't looking good.  But wait!  It gets worse!


WTF!  Those aren't sports cards!  Sure I might have had a crush on Marcia Brady when I was 10, but did I mean to buy a card of her?  No!  This is what happens when a person stays out late and then bids on stuff that you can barely read on your phone.  Thankfully, that box only set me back $6.  I have no idea what to do with these but at least the comic cards glow in the dark.

I'll pass along some updates as I continue sorting this lot of cards and hoping I find a few decent items to make me feel better about this purchase.

In the meantime, here's another Backseat Break:






Comments

  1. If you're interested in trading with a fellow blogger, I'd be very interested in knowing what's in that non-sport box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay tuned, I will have a future blog post about this.

      Delete
  2. Yeesh, '90 and '91 Fleer. I think that Marcia Brady card is the best of the lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those non-sport cards are very interesting. Never seen that Marcia Brady card before... but like Night Owl said... it looks like the best of the lot.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment