So Close...

 

Last weekend's card show proved to be a success - at least in terms of finding stuff I needed.  My accountant might think its a loss, but we'll disagree on that.  What's really cool is that I am this close to completing a few sets and accomplishing some year long goals.  With a number of card shows coming up, I'm still holding off pushing a few buttons to complete these sets.  The hunt is on!


I'll start off with this one.  A much needed 1986-87 Fleer Larry Nance found at an LCS after the show.  I have been searching shows and shops, high and low and under rocks to find the last 3 cards I need to complete this set.  My LCS had not one, but 2 of these to choose from.  Unfortunately, Ricky Green and Andrew Toney were no where to be found last weekend.  Sigh - the search continues.


These 2020 Donruss Optics were found at the show, in a bargain box and now I only need 16 more to complete this set.


Here are 3 big gets to complete the 2020 Prizm football set.  My brother found a great deal on the Herbert and since he thinks I'm the coolest guy around, he picked it up for me at a local shop.  :) 
Only 12 more cards to complete this set!


Newer, shiny cards weren't the only cards to be found.  This 1962 Post Roger Maris was found in a bargain bin, and I figured for under $5, it deserved a home.  It's pretty banged up, so I may try to upgrade this later.


A few needs for the '56 build.  I'm no where close to completing this set, but I'll fill in commons whenever I can.


Thought I'd show off a couple more acquisitions from the 2008 Chrome football insert set.  Pretty sweet cards.  This gives me 3 of the 13 in the set.


I recently saw these sweater cards on another blog.  Unfortunately I couldn't find the post or I'd put a link here.  But because I read that post, when I saw this at the card show I couldn't resist.   I mean, who could resist photoshopped Santa hats on football players?  Not this guy.


Finally, a new addition to my Luis Arraez PC.  I didn't realize these holiday cards had an embossed effect to them, which is pretty darn cool.

The last few months of the year are closing fast, and so is my quest to complete a few sets this year.  Hopefully I'll be able to close out the year strong.

Here's another Backseat Bust - er, I mean, Backseat Break :)


Comments

  1. The 2019 Holiday Arraez card is a parallel. The regular versions don't have the raised snowflake effect. I went wild with this set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info. No surprise there are so many variations of this card out there.

      Delete
  2. Considering the two that you need, I can't imagine that you wouldn't be done with the '86 Fleer set by the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how difficult it can be to find the last few cards in the wild.

      Delete
  3. That Post Maris is fantastic! Perfect timing. Don't really root for the NYY,.. but it would be cool if Judge ties him today.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment