A Walk Back in Time - 1967

 

Some time ago, my brother passed this booklet along to me.  I've never seen this booklet before - or any other like it - but thought it cool enough to post about it.  It's always interesting to find stuff like this because of the perspective it offers.  The players, the stats, photos and ads are all uniquely interesting. 

As you may have guessed by looking at the cover, this booklet was published by Hillerich and Bradsby back in 1967.  It recaps and celebrates the 1966 baseball season.


The booklet was a great way to advertise Louisville bats.  It's too bad player licensing makes it more difficult nowadays to find player model bats with facsimile autos.  The autograph collector in me would have loved to order some these.


Frank Robinson had a fantastic year in 1966.  He won the triple crown and the World Series.


There's a neat little writeup on how Louisville Sluggers are made.  


Love this cartoon.  Telling kids to not throw a temper tantrum at the plate is classic.


For a whole $1, ($1.25 in Canada), you could own a plastic bank with 10 mini bats!  I've never seen that collectible in the wild, but I have seen Louisville Slugger pens (no I don't own any).


Another ad for Louisville Slugger bats.  So many great players to choose from.


Outstanding sluggers of 1966.  I'm not sure about the floating head look, but that sure seemed to be a thing for 60's baseball cards.


Batting fundamentals...in case the kids needed a primer on swinging the bat.


I've never seen or heard of Louisville Slugger golf clubs, but there they are.

Though I displayed a small snippet of some of the more fun things to see in the booklet, there are plenty of stats and team photos too.  For those who enjoy reading about the game, the booklet is a fun trip into baseball's past.


And for those who have ever submitted a bulk order to PSA for grading...it's another Backseat Break!



Comments

  1. That was fun to look through, thanks for scanning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bank is really neat. I don't collect such things, but if I ever came across one cheap enough, I'd probably buy it anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment