Crocodile Anniversary!

Today is this blog's 1/100 anniversary!  That's right, it is the 1 year anniversary of the blog and the 100th post!  This past year has gone by fast and I'm no less for the wear.  I've enjoyed sharing parts of my collection and collecting experiences here and don't intend to slow down.  I know I've read comments and blog posts where people are getting burned out blogging (which is a shame) and maybe some day I'll feel the same, but until then I'll do what I can to inject some blogging life out there.

This past year I've enjoyed making new contacts and I've traded or received cards from around the country (and Canada), which is something I did not expect, but it sure makes things interesting.  

There are a few things I've noticed over the past year.

1) It seems people really like posts about baseball cards
2) Surprisingly, my Nonsports Nonsense post was the most popular post
3) Readers also like posts about set completions and pickups
4) Lastly, folks like giveaways

 I guess that list really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.  As much as I appreciate that anyone would take an interest in this blog, I can't limit my posts to only baseball cards and giveaways.

Speaking of giveaways...to help celebrate the anniversary, if you leave a comment you'll be entered into a random drawing.  I'll box up 100 cards and send them to the winner.  Don't worry, they won't all be from '87 Topps 😁  Make sure to comment if you want a specific sport, otherwise the box will contain a mix from all 4 sports (baseball, football, basketball, and hockey).

For anyone who follows or reads this blog THANK YOU!  


Comments

  1. Congrats on your first blogging anniversary, and your 100th post! It took me a lot longer than a year to hit 100 posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good blog.

    I'd prefer basketball and football if I win. Please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been awesome having you around, can't believe you are at 100 posts already! Anything but Hockey for me, but baseball is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! I know I owe you some cards, I'll send you an email soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made it! Congratulations! It's hard to believe that it's only been a year, it feels like you've been around for longer than that. As far as folks being burned out go, some never do reach that point, hopefully you'll be one of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy one year with the cool kids! (I don't get why people leave blogging either). ... I'm interested primarily in baseball, if there is football from pre-1991, I'll enjoy that too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats. Primarily baseball second would be nonsports, then the other three sports, and yes I did enjoy the Nonsports Nonsense post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the milestone!
    Baseball cards are my favorites, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! Glad to be part of your Canadian contingent. Baseball is what I'm mostly collecting these days. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on both milestones! When I started blogging in 2013 the stories about bloggers leaving were the same then as they are today, yet here I am nearly a decade later. Wow! I prefer baseball only, but just to throw a wrench in it when I win, send my winnings to whoever is below me on the list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the milestone. Hockey has always been my favorite sport. It helps to be from Minnesota, the State of Hockey.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 100th post on your 1 year anniversary is either happenstance or some perfect planning. Congrats and keep going. Maybe we'll see a 2/200 anniversary this time next year?

    p.s. (not commenting just for the contest, but...) any/all of the 4 majors are fine if I win :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, 100 blog posts in your first year? That's an excellent stat line, Crocodile! Is there a rookie of the year award for trading card bloggers? If so, I'd nominate you. Here's to year #2.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on the anniversary and on #100! I'm always looking forward to seeing new posts on this blog whether it's baseball related... or 1986 Fleer basketball set related.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats! It's a fun blog and I appreciate your fresh perspective. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Anniversary! Your blog has been fun to read and I've enjoyed it . Looking forward to year 2! (On the off chance I win, baseball with a smattering of hockey would be preferable.)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you all! I will give this until Thanksgiving before annoucing a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the first year. I don't think I hit 100 posts until year 3 or 4. If the contest is still open, I'd prefer baseball and football only.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment