Four Sport Pickups

 

I've been attempting to be more judicious when adding to my collection.  Which can be difficult because there's so much product out there.  So when I find a card or cards I'm interested in, I like to ask myself "how will this serve to enhance my collection?".  Many times the price on the card will answer that question.  Other times, well...let's just say my budget takes a hit.  Nevertheless, I will always add cards of my favorite players, set needs, or players I simply don't have.


I don't have many cards of Lebron.  I'm not sure why, but obviously I didn't collect a whole of basketball.  These are pretty cool.  I like the ESPN cover card, it even has the bar code on the cover.  And the Topps 2007 Lebron is sweet.


I'm not sure anyone can go wrong by adding a few Kobe's to the collection.  I really like that '07 Topps card and the '97 Fleer is in fantastic shape.


For baseball, I found a couple of RP's.   The Topps Finest Mantle will help complete that set build.


The 2016 Leaf Babe Ruth was in a lot of cards that included the Mantle above.  I was able to add to my Puckett PC with this '87 Donruss Opening Day card and the lone vintage add is for my '65 set build.


Moving on to football, I found this 1995 Pacific Jerry Jones card a while back for $10.  I really like this set and am thinking about giving it a serious go next year.


Then I had to add a Trevor Lawrence rookie.  He didn't make the splash that Herbert or Burrow did, but he's coming around.


I also picked up a trio of '72 high numbers.  I now have 9 of these but they can be tough to find and when you do find then, they aren't cheap.  Really cool design.


These acetate cards are awesome.  I really like the design, so I couldn't resist a Donruss Clearly rookie of Justin Jefferson.  However, the back side clearly leaves something to be desired.


If you're a Wild fan, then you know all about Kirill the Thrill.  And adding a few of his cards to my collection certainly does not hurt.  I'll take whatever rookies I can find.


Finally, my brother hooked me up with a good deal on this graded rookie.  Thanks bro!

If anyone has any interest in the Leaf Babe Ruth or the Maris RP above, go ahead and claim it in the comments.  First come, first serve. 

Oh look!  Its another Backseat Break!




Comments

  1. Sweet Kaprizov 10! The '72 Fb High numbers are really sharp and I had no idea Jerry Jones had a card.

    LeBron has some great looking cards, but most of the unique ones are way out of my price range.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could hear the "total confidence" in your voice.
    $10 for a Jerry Jones card? Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if I overpaid for it or not, but I've seen some crazy prices on it.

      Delete
  3. Wow, you almost never see '72 high #'s on the blogs. Yours look really sharp too, so I would imagine that they did set you back a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my cropping makes the cards appear sharper, especially that Forest Blue. That one is really off centered.

      Delete
  4. A. Kobe has some pretty awesome base cards... especially of the Topps variety. That 2007-08 card is fantastic. Not sure if you've seen his 2008-09 Topps base card, but it features him facing off against Lebron.

    B. My niece is a Cowboys fan... and while sifting through boxes this I came across that Jerry Jones card. I thought it was pretty unique and set it aside (for a future blog post that probably will never be written).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you need to recharge the batteries Fuji. Hopefully we'll see the blog active soon.

      Delete

Post a Comment