A Gift From Gavin

 

Awhile back I sent a box of goodies from my non-sports collection to Gavin of   baseballcardbreakdown fame and he surprised me with a few O Pee Chee, Kirby's and other goodies.  This week I received another PWE from Gavin but with a holiday twist.  It seems Gavin is quite the artist and he customized a sleeve and card.


Its actually a plastic slide, slipped into a sleeve.  The stocking clues you in to who was included.


That's right, its Kirby Puckett!  But hold on here...this is '91 Fleer which is one ugly set.  How did the border get to be white?  I will admit for a brief moment I started searching for "1991 Fleer baseball inserts" because I had never seen this before.

In typical male fashion, I didn't read the instructions.

Gavin somehow altered the appearance using solar lighting without washing out the photo!

All of a suddenly 1991 Fleer has become cool!  Who would have thought this was possible?
Gavin of course.

Here's the entire ensemble.  Pretty sweet!

Thank you Gavin!

Now complete the entire set please.  😄

Comments

  1. The card is really great, but I think that I might actually like the overlay just a little bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gavin truly took it to the next level with these customs. I'm really enjoying all of these posts and seeing the different backgrounds he's created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gavin's customs are so creative. Nice to see these pop up all across the blog land.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment