Shiny Set Completion - 2020 Panini Prizm Football

Last weekend I was able to check off another item on my yearly list of resolutions by finding the last few rookies to complete the 2020 Panini football set.  This set completion was aided big time by a bulk purchase a few months ago that allowed me to complete not 1, but 3 of the base set of cards numbered from 1 - 300 (with plenty left over).  The last one hundred cards are all rookies.


Josh Allen starts off as card #1.  The set is grouped by each team, and that makes the first few cards of the set all Bills.


For you nostalgic types, Panini included a few old timers to keep your interest.


If you like inserts, Panini won't let you down with this set.  You can knock yourself out trying to complete a rainbow.


The back of the card isn't terrible.  You get a nice photo and team logo with a some highlights.


Here is the set's equivalent to the NFL's draft of "Mr. Irrelevant".  Yep, Nate Stanley is the last card of the set.  I don't think he'll be as successful as the 2022 Mr. Irrelevant, Brock Purdy, was last weekend.


These two have started to shine this year.  


Quarterbacks dominated the rookies in this set.  The Herbert may be the most expensive card (with Burrow a close second).  


Collectors might put a premium on QB's, but this guy has been just as dominating on the field.  
It's too bad the Vikings wasted his fantastic performance against the Lions.


When I look at the card design, it reminds me of video game graphics.  I would imagine this set would look good in a binder too.  It's so shiny, I recommend wearing sunglasses to protect your eyes when looking at this.  The one drawback to all that shine is these cards are really, really good at collecting your greasy fingerprints on them, so handle with care.

I haven't decided if I'm going to chase another Panini set anytime soon, as some of these are just plain spendy and I still have vintage sets I want to knock out.  However, I think Panini put out a decent product for 2020, though I don't think I need to see so many rookies running the 40 yard dash at the combine (see Nate Stanley above). 


Comments

  1. Congratulations on completing the set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, congrats on the set completion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on this impressive set build! The big four rookies are excellent. I'm such a sucker for Panini Prizm singles but only attempted one set build - the 2015 Prizm football set. Still haven't finished it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Man there are some big names in this rookie class.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment