Closing Out 2022

 

Happy New Year!  I hope the holidays were good to everyone.  I was thinking about doing a 2022 review, but figured I'd wait on that post until the "year end blog rush" is over.  Instead, I'm catching up on some year end purchases and PWE's sent my way.  In some ways I guess I'm fortunate I got these, because the mail around here has been as spotty as I've ever seen it.  Actually, I don't remember ever having mail delayed this often.  Even the USPS Informed Mail Delivery Notifications have been off.


My quest for the 2022 Topps Batting Helmet insert set has been progressing nicely.  These two are fine additions.  Except for that Brandon Marsh card...

What is going on here?  Kind of a fuzzy iphone photo but you should be able to make out the 'L' shaped edge.  It looks like someone put this on a routing table and shaved a 16th of an inch off.  That wasn't in the description!


Fortunately, Dime Box Nick, sent a couple of helmet cards from his recent giveaway.  No table cuts here!  My set is nearly 50% complete now.


But that's not all.  Nick padded things with some extra goodies, including these Puckett's.


Kevin, The Diamond King, had too many youngsters, so I was happy to claim this 2022 Gypsy Queen Alex Kirilloff die-cut See the Future card.  It would be great if this crystal ball showed the Twins youth movement actually staying healthy for a full season.


Speaking of die cut cards, I recently added this Juan Marichal to my Topps Chrome 70th die-cut insert set.  Only 30 left to complete this one, but these have been surprisingly tough to find in the wild.


Finally I couldn't resist another Luis Arraez autographed card.  This is from Topps 2021 Big League.

Unfortunately the Christmas snow storm cut my chances of going to a year-end card show, but the silver lining I guess would be that I have more room in the budget for the next show!  At least in my area we didn't get 60 inches of snow but it sure is enough to be a nuisance.  Stay warm all!


Comments

  1. The GQ Crystal ball card looks neat! And I can't wait to see all those manu-helmets together once you complete the set.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you send the damaged card back?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer about the damaged Marsh helmet card. Hope the seller offered you a refund or a replacement.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment