Catching Up on Some Pickups

 

The card show last weekend was a bit of a disappointment.  Compared to what I've witnessed the past few months this show had a dearth of dealers, so I had to settle on visiting some of my LCS's around here.  I've been trying to fill out some sets and was able to land a few needs for my '69 set build.

These set me back $5 and put me at nearly 45% complete.  After this, I just didn't see anything else I could load up with vintage cards.  I may have picked up a few more cards but the shop I was at isn't the largest, and on this day it was shoulder to shoulder in there.  It's never fun picking through boxes when folks are constantly rubbing up against you.


For the modern age, I found a couple of nice Kirill rookies to add to my PC.  Speaking of Kirill, my brother at Backseat Breaks did a PSA reveal and had a really nice rainbow of Kirill's.


Go ahead and check it out!



Next up is this 1995 Studio Gold card of Kirby Puckett.  This is my first card from this set.  It's kind of nifty and I like that it imitates a real credit card.


I also added this 1995 Donruss Dominators to my Puckett PC.  The protective film is covering up Mr Padre, but not sure I should remove it.


Adding to my Arraez PC are a couple of 2020 Topps Future Stars along with its UK twin and a 2021 Bowman Chrome.  Did I mention I'm still upset about that trade?

That's all I've got to show off for now.  Kind of a disappointing run on shows but with summer now here things have slowed down a bit.  Until next post, Happy Father's day to all the dads out there!



Comments

  1. Three of my Minnesota favorites. Kirill, Kirby and Arraez. I agree on the Arraez trade. My personal opinion is that the Twins have been really good at trading away players that come back to beat them almost every time. Still a Minnesota fan in Central Minnesota. Happy Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still nice grabs. I picked up six or seven 69's this past week too (haven't checked to see if I actually need them though, for a quarter I wasn't leaving them in the box). I'll do that today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That rainbow of 10's is sweet! Congratulations to your brother. Love the Dominators insert. Wish Donruss had covered up Paul's face instead though :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andy Messersmith looks SO young in that photo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment