Father's Day Present

 

Better late then never for a father's day post.  Instead of the usual gift card, my daughter's thought I'd enjoy a couple of packs of cards and they were right for a change.  I hadn't even thought about buying any new product this year and wasn't even sure if I was interested in collecting this set.  After opening these packs however, I might have to reconsider.

Here they are.  One pack each from series 1 and series 2.  I won't show off all 72 cards because I really didn't want to scan each one.  But I did scan the first and last 8 cards from each pack, as well as the inserts.  So let's see what I got.


PACK 1 (first 8):

Woo hoo!  Twins!  Good start to the pack with 4 Twins.  Larnach is an up and coming outfielder but Buxton may have injured himself getting so emotional in that photo.  Sonny Gray has been solid and Jhoan Duran can bring the 105 heat.  Round off this batch with a Mountcastle and it's a winner.

PACK 1 (last 8):

The next few are kind of ho-hum, but we get into more landscaped cards with the league leaders and Judgement day cards.

Arraez's last card in a Twins uniform helps save the final 8 cards.


PACK 2 (first 8):

Rookie cup alert!  The second pack didn't offer much at first.


PACK 2 (last 8):

Not much going on with the last 8 cards.  The Heavey Hitters Catch Up card is a checklist.


Now it's time for the inserts starting with PACK 1.

A one-two punch insert and a couple of Stars of MLB cards.


PACK 2:

The Musial Legends of the Game is a really cool card.

Finally a true hit, numbered to 10!

Overall I like this year's design and the inserts look great but I'm still on the fence about buying this set.
Maybe a few more packs will help change my mind.

Comments

  1. Serial numbered to 10, really cool especially when it is someone we all have heard of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on pulling an insert #'d to 10. I'm sure if you wanted to... you could trade it and get a nice Twins card for your collection. Then again... it's a pretty cool card that was a gift from your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughters chose wisely with that Rizzo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment