The Goody Box - 1995/1996 Legends Autographs

 

In continuing with my Goody Box posts, I've got another autographed set to show off.  The Legends Autograph Collection is another small, unique set that was produced in the '90s.  Each of the 4 cards have on-card autographs of MLB Legends.


I really like the design of each of these cards.  I don't mind the lack of the team logo as it does not hurt the presentation in my opinion.  The photos are sharp, action oriented and kudos to the person that had each player sign in blue to make those signatures pop (though I have seen specimens that were signed in black). 

Each card comes with a card-sized certificate of authenticity, which is a nice touch.


The back side of the cards have one line for career stats and a nice little write-up on the player.
You may note that the copyright on the cert says 1995, but the copyright on the card says 1996.  So was this set distributed both years?

I made a feeble attempt to research this set. but couldn't find any information on how these cards were distributed.  My guess is either through an advertised promotion or possibly through an early online website.  Nevertheless, this is one fine set that is surprisingly affordable.  Of course prices will vary but the set I'm showing in this post set me back just over $40 (post COVID pricing too). Would anyone turn down an autograph from an HOF player for $10?  

I didn't think so.  And if I find more at that price, I'll keep adding more to the goody box.

Comments

  1. Nice card set. My 2010 Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards does not list them. Perhaps a newer edition would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely a good price for those 4 guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool set. Definitely legends. Can't imagine Pops has many certified autographs since he passed away in the early 2000's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for highlighting these, they are definitely a bargain and I haven't seen them before. They appear to be similar to the 1993 Nabisco and 1999 Hillshire Farms sets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that I could leave them behind for that price, but then again I've really been trying to avoid buying any more cards like these.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment