A Few Acquisitions

Showing off a few acquisitions as I try to advance my goals for acquiring more vintage cards (though I have been eyeing up more memorabilia/patch/auto/shiny thingy inserts).  It seems online buying has been the thing for me lately as I haven't been able to make time for any shows.  What I have noticed is that you've really got to be diligent about pricing cards online as it seems some sellers still think the great covid rush is happening.  So let's get to the cards!


First up is a trio of 71's.  These came in a batch for $5.  The Sutton however, has a stain on the front so that one might go to trade stack.


Next is a pair of checklists from the 72 set.  These are in great shape and unmarked, so they'll make for really good upgrades for my set build.



Then I have this baby.  A really nice blue bordered checklist from the 1973 high series.  I've been trying to put this set together but unmarked checklists from this year come at a premium.


My batting helmet insert set build is still a work in progress but I was happy to add these two recently.  Still hoping to complete this set by year's end.


Lastly a couple of shiny Royce Lewis rookie prospect cards.  This guy is good when he's healthy.  Doesn't that sound like another Twins player?

That's all I have to show for now.  I managed to send off a pile of cards recently so keep an eye on your mailbox.  There is still another pile of cards to send out from my recent giveaway (I ran out of bubble mailers) so those will have to wait until early next week.  Until next time happy hunting!


Comments

  1. Those checklists are real beauties. Are you going for the variations as well (the large print on the 5th series checklist)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean the player that hit two home runs in one game not too long ago? Maybe the DH? I also have some Royce Lewis cards. On the other hand the Twins sure could use some bullpen help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice checklists! And three HOFers from '71 for $5 is a nice deal, even if the Sutton is stained.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes indeed blue checklist unmarked and in decent shape do seem to be at a premium when you can find them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Problem is too many buyers think the covid rush is still happening, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three 70's Hall of Famers for $5? Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those 1971 HOFers for $5 is a great find. Love the 72 checklists too.

    Covid sellers have taught me one of the greatest card collecting lessons in years: patience. These days I just sit back and wait for specific cards and sets to fall into the price range I'm willing to pay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those helmet cards look really cool. Can’t wait to see you complete it
    Matt-SCC

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know I've seen people mention the unmarked blue checklists selling for a lot, but I don't recall anyone saying why this is. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment