Mid-Year Resolution Review

 

It's hard to believe that July is here already.  It seems like yesterday when I was just writing up my goals for 2023.  Which means time is flying by and I'll be getting ready for winter soon (but not too soon I hope).  So let's take a quick look at my goals:

1) Get those darn vintage sets I want to complete organized and counted. Yeah talking about 69 - 72 baseball as well as some FB sets.
2) Complete a couple shiny sets. UD Hockey (along with inserts) and the Topps Batting Helmet insert set come to mind.
3) Expand on the blog and maybe include more videos.
4) Reduce my collection. I'm not sure by how much, but a net reduction wouldn't be a bad thing.
5) Trade more. Expand on my trade bait page or (gasp) try trading on TCDB.


Now let's check on the progress:
Goal #1:  Slight progress made here.  I've put up want lists for a few vintage sets but still need to organize my early sets from the '70s.  Still, I feel good about this goal.

Goal #2:  After experiencing some early success with the 70th Die Cut insert set and the 2020 Donruss Optic FB set, things have slowed to a crawl.  I need to pick up the pace here.

Goal #3:  Ugh!  I'm in full summer mode so my time is at a premium now.   I still have several ideas but I really need to invent a way to slow down time.

Goal #4:  I'm trying but apparently not hard enough.

Goal #5:  I've completed a few trades but certainly not like some of my fellow bloggers.  And I've got to expand on that trade bait page.

I gave myself a D+ after the Q1 check in, but I think the grade is a bit higher now that I've organized some vintage set needs so I'm going to give this a C-.  If I can get the rest of those '70s sets organized and maybe complete another shiny set, then I'll feel good about bumping up the grade.

Another thing that helps my grade is giving away cards!  I've got another 100 count box of cards.  
This one has both Football and Baseball in it (random years/brands).  If you want in on the drawing, mention "100" in your comment!

Comments

  1. You're passing..... Now go get that A!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making progress on your goals. I could set 100 goals and fall short on 100 of them. I would be glad to trade with a fellow Minnesotan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Collecting is a hobby, not a job or school. So I say, if you are having fun, give yourself an A+ and a 100 score!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm 100% on the same wavelength with you on #4. If you're interested... I'm giving away Gwynns over on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not going to have you send 100 cards to Canada but I wanted to applaud you for your continuing generosity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not going to have you send 100 cards to Canada but I wanted to applaud you for your continuing generosity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep on plugging away on those goals; you'll get to 100% soon enough!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment