Happy Halloween!

 

As I'm writing this post, trick-or-treaters have been coming and going.  My work office sits at the front of the house so I get to watch as costumed kids come running up the sidewalk and ring the bell.  When I get a break from handing out candy, I'm staying busy trying to get my 1971 baseball cards in order.  I was really hoping to have this done over the weekend, but last weekend was a little busier than I had planned for, which included some final prep before winter settles in. 


And it was a good thing I got the winter prep done, because I woke up to this in the morning!
Granted, it's not all that unusual up here to get snow in October (anyone who was around here in 1991 won't forget what that was like).  But it does hasten your agenda to winterize everything.


Back to sorting...

I did manage to get through one box of cards.  So far this set isn't shaping up quite as nice as my 1970 set build.  Of course, I know the black borders play a huge role in condition with this set, so my expectations were never set on getting perfect cards anyway.


Often times my choices for which cards make the cut are pretty clear (pun intended).


Other times it's the lesser of two evils.


And still there are cards I just have to take.  Maybe I can update Bill Singer some time.

So I'll be happy when this project is done and I can finally start filling in the set.  
In the meantime I'm hoping we get plenty of trick-or-treaters because...


...this bowl of candy is sitting way too close me!

Happy Halloween!

Comments

Post a Comment