The Beat Goes On...Quarterly Check In

 

2023 is just about wrapped up.  One more quarter to go to accomplish some of the items I put on my goal list this year so let's see how things are going.  First here's my goals again:

1) Get those darn vintage sets I want to complete organized and counted. Yeah talking about 69 - 72 baseball as well as some FB sets.
2) Complete a couple shiny sets. UD Hockey (along with inserts) and the Topps Batting Helmet insert set come to mind.
3) Expand on the blog and maybe include more videos.
4) Reduce my collection. I'm not sure by how much, but a net reduction wouldn't be a bad thing.
5) Trade more. Expand on my trade bait page or (gasp) try trading on TCDB.

Now let's see how things are stacking up.

Goal #1:  I wanted to focus on 69-72 but incredibly the only set I've organized is my '69 set list.  I haven't touched 1970, 71 or 72.  Ouch.  But I have been organizing a few sets from the 60's and that '56 set build, so I'll take that.

Goal #2: It's been awhile since I've completed a set, especially a newer shiny set.  My focus on vintage has put this on the back burner.  Hopefully something will fall off the list this upcoming quarter.

Goal #3:  I just haven't had time to develop a few ideas I've had.  With summer ending maybe I can find some time to finally get something going here.

Goal #4:  Reduce what?  Sure I had giveaways but that didn't make a dent.  I feel like my collection is expanding.  Especially since I now have my eyes set on 3 personal collections I might buy out.  I have a feeling I'll have a large trade bait list soon.

Goal #5:  Trade?  Other then a couple of time travel trades, I haven't been keeping up on this goal.

Overall I'm bumping my grade up to a C (from a C-), if only because of all the vintage I've been acquiring which has boosted the set completion rates.  As always, the lack of time has been holding back a few goals.  I'm crossing my fingers I can boost this grade in the final months.

So I'm kind of feeling like meh this quarter.  But hey, here's a couple of links you can listen to that made me think of this post's title.


And if you're feeling a little funky:






Comments

  1. Well, I don't think I can help with your goals.
    Cool music though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For my small part, I'm glad when my Time Travel Trades help with a goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of those songs are awesome! Got The Whispers on my 70's R&B Spotify playlist. Don't have the other song on any playlists... but Sonny and Cher sure made an awesome pair.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment