The Latest Card Show Buys

I couldn't spend as much time at last weekend's card show as I would have liked, but it was still fun to get out after taking a break from these.  Of course there was a ton of stuff I was interested in but the budget and my interests don't always align.  Nevertheless I was able to land a few needs and some extra goodies.

I'll start off with these helmet insert cards.  Six down only 29 to go!  One of the dealers had the Mike Trout helmet card but wanted a whopping $30.  I passed on it.  The six above were about $3 each.


One of the dealers had this Arraez framed autographed rookie.  He offered a deal for both of them, and of course, me being the Arraez superfan I had to have both.


Then I came across these two '33 Goudeys.  Pretty beat up, but for $10 each I took them home.  I'll probably upgrade these at some point but its not a priority.


This '69 Banks was a set need.  It is a bit off centered but otherwise in really good shape.


Numbered to 10, I couldn't say no to this Broadway Joe autograph.  I bought this 2021 Panini Namath from a friend who had a table at the show.  He recently decided it was time to let go of a bunch of collectibles and was willing to give me first shot at his collection.   Unfortunately the timing didn't work out so well so I had to meet him at the show.  Nevertheless, he still has a great deal of collectibles that he's willing to part with so hopefully I'll be showing off more soon.

And since hockey season started here's a recent clip from Backseat Breaks!



 

Comments

  1. You no longer need the Thomas I set aside. Great additions all around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have some '70 Topps for you, check your email. I may even have one or two more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is the first '33 worth the same as the Cronin? Cronin was a much better player and the card is in way better shape.

    Anyway, it comes down to Banks vs Namath and the latter wins it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well...I didn't show the back of cards :) But the Benny is card #1 of the set and usually carries a premium.

      Delete
    2. And he was a '27 Yankee! Both cards are great $10 pickups.

      Delete
  4. I suspect that you'll be able to find that Trout helmet cheaper somewhere else, probably eBay. And now you need 7 more of those mini autos to fill a page :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment