Cards From Night Owl

 

A month or so ago I blogged about my sorting activities of some early 70's sets and Greg of Night Owl fame reached out.  It seems he and I are treading the same water, trying to complete sets from 1969 and 1970.  I recently received a package from Greg and thought I'd show off those cards.

These three are nice additions to the '69 set.  I never knew Joe Niekro was once a Cub.


With some letters showing on the upper right, I almost thought the Cisco was cut from a magazine, but it is cut oddly.  Nevertheless, the 6 cards pushed my '69 completion rate to 63%.


Welcome additions to my 1970 set build.


The Spiezio is a high number and the cap on Melton looks like a nice airbrushing.  These cards helped push my set completion over 85%!  Only 152 cards left.

Finally I have cards to giveaway.  For those who replied in the anniversary post, let's spin the wheel!


Congrats Bo!  I'll get this box in the mail ASAP!


Comments

  1. Ha. I was as far away as possible.

    Anyway, bad boy McLain edges out Boog for the win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just received your return send last night! I forgot all about the '69s (and the TV cards)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks!

    I probably have some '69s and '70s I can send you, if you don't mind rough condition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And an hour after I post this comment I got your last generous mailing! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Nice vintage cards, and congrats to Bo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A. Nice to see bloggers helping each other out with vintage set builds.

    B. Denny had some cool glasses. I had a pair that was similar back in college.

    C. Wheel of Names is a teacher's best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to Bo on the win.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment