Stocking Stuffers

 

I managed to attend the waning hours of a week long card show this past weekend.  My brother was in town so we made the trek out to a suburban mall where the show is held.  The show has been one of the better ones for this time of year but by the time we got there many dealers had cleared out already.  I really can't blame them, being the last day of the show was Christmas eve.  Nevertheless, we hunted for some last minute deals.


This '71 Phil Niekro fulfilled a set need and is in really good shape.


These League Leaders cards also satisfied my set needs.


Overall I picked up 16 cards for my '71 set build.  I was hoping to find more but this puts the set at 95% complete with only 39 cards to go!


I also found some 1975 mini's to help fill out my set, however there were only 7 in all.  Progress on this is slow but I haven't made this a priority.  This set is about 20% complete.


There is also a memorabilia shop in the mall and we decided to check it out.  I spied a small box of vintage on the counter and was pleasantly surprised to find a number of commons from 1960.


I picked up 20 in all, and these are in very good shape.  This set build is at 66%.

It's too bad I didn't get to the show earlier in the week when more dealers were around.  I was really hoping to make a big push to complete the 1971 set, but I'm afraid that endeavor will have to carry over into 2024.  There are some good shows coming up next month so maybe, just maybe, I can push this set to completion.  If anything else, it will make for an easy 'win' for my 2024 goals.

My brother pulled off a Christmas miracle after buying a hobby box of UD Artifacts hockey.
Could it be Bedard?





Comments

  1. Always nice viewing sharp-looking '71s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your bro! He has some fantastic luck opening up hockey products.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you still pretty good with what you had to work with. And I would have to think that it was still worth the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your brother on the Redemption! And much belated Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Happy Blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment