Adding '56 Vintage

 

I've neglected my 1956 set build for awhile as my focus shifted to completing the early 70's sets.  But recently I came across a lot of some well-loved '56 commons that looked like they would fit right in with my set.  So I swung a deal and had 77 of those cards on my doorstep in no time.  I didn't really bother to ask or check all of the card numbers, and it was known there were duplicates in this lot.  Still, I figured with my set completion under 50% there had to be a few cards I'd need...right?

Luckily I found over 30 cards I needed and now my set is over 50% complete!  This is a great way to start the new year.

The Bobby Morgan is a bit worse for the wear, but represents the typical condition of this lot.  Rounded corners don't bother me and for the most part, the card looks good.

Unfortunately that means I also have over 40 duplicates (stack on the right).  Yes these are available for trade!  Help me fill in my common needs!

I was hoping to add a few more cards with this stack, but I took that chance.  As the completion rate goes up I'll be more diligent when picking up these cards.  



Comments

  1. Congratulations on crossing the 50% mark! Those duplicates will definitely help you fill those common needs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 50% is a big deal for a set that old! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great set. I was fortunate enough to get most of my '56s in decent shape but there are a couple raggedy ones I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on passing 50% completion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should check and see if Bo has any available.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 50% on a ‘50’d set is a nice accomplishment! Hope you make some progress on it this year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment