Goodbye 2023...Here Comes 2024!

It's time for another new year's resolution!  I feel a bit off about this as I never posted an update for the 3rd quarter.  I really had hoped to make a final push to complete a vintage set the past couple months and thus, satisfy one of my goals but that didn't materialize.  No matter, that's all in past now.  So before I set new goals here's some stats about this blog.

1) Views were up year-over-year by about 15k views.  Not bad for an under the radar blog :)
2) I have a new 'most popular' post!  Unseating my original Nonsports Nonsense post was the 1993 Post baseball set (giveaway).  Folks must really like the word 'free' in a title.
3) The top referrers to this blog were once again TCDB, Google and...Nine Pockets!  Amazing.
4) December 2023 was the most viewed month in the history of this blog.
5) For two years in a row I made the "Favorite Under the Radar Blog" list in Nachos Grande's year-end      poll!  That is pretty cool.

Now let's visit 2023's resolutions:

1) Get those darn vintage sets I want to complete organized and counted. Yeah talking about 69 -     72         baseball as well as some FB sets.
2) Complete a couple shiny sets. UD Hockey (along with inserts) and the Topps Batting Helmet                 insert set come to mind.
3) Expand on the blog and maybe include more videos.
4) Reduce my collection. I'm not sure by how much, but a net reduction wouldn't be a bad thing.
5) Trade more. Expand on my trade bait page or (gasp) try trading on TCDB.

And let's grade each one:

1) Success!  I got my 69-72 sets organized and want lists posted.  I didn't manage to dig out any football     sets but I still consider a great achievement.  Grade:  A+
2) Shiny sets?  What shiny sets?  I did make progress on these but did not complete any.  Prices for             some of those helmet cards have remained stubbornly high.  Grade: C
3) Expland on the blog?  Ugh.  The ideas are there but the time just wasn't.  I'll have to be more                 organized to bring some of these ideas to fruition.  Grade: D
4) Reduce my collection.  It's a work in progress.  For all the giveaways, I've restocked with purchases.      However, lately my focus has been to add cards for sets rather then just buying bulk.  Grade: C-
5) Trade more.  I've probably made more trades in the past year then the first year of this blog so I'll           consider it a success, and something to build on.  Grade: B

Now for some 2024 Resolutions!

1) Complete 2 vintage sets.  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel for 1971, which should be a             layup.  As for the other sets?  Well I guess I'll just pick which one I'm closest to completing and go        from there.
2) Shiny set completion.  The Helmet insert set comes to mind.
3) Trade more.  I've actually been tooling around on TCDB lately.  That website is NOT intuitive at all,    so there's a bit of a learning curve there.
4) Continue to reduce the collection.  Not sure how yet.
5) Follow through on some blogging ideas/videos.

So here's to what I hope will be another prosperous and meaningful 2024!


Comments

  1. Vintage seems like the place to be these days. The prices on new cards are crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to a great 2024 here on your blog, my collecting friend! As for TCDB, once you spend some time looking through the various tools and features, you'll get the hang of it. The site has definitely helped me get a better sense of what my collection actually consists of. And there's even a "goals" section that allows you to track how close you are to completing sets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always open to pwe trading! If you have any non sport (i did get your mail day and it's on my posting list), NY Giants and late 90's inserts from any sport,team, player from 1995-1999 lets do this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your 2024 resolutions! One of these days I'll work on getting some stuff added to TCDB. Probably won't be anytime soon though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on your resolutions for this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You gotta have goals! Much belated Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Resolution #6 should be to stop caring where you end up on blog polls. Just keep doing what you're doing and people will find you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment