My First (quasi) TCDB Trade

 

I haven't posted in awhile as my job and other things have kept me busy, but I have been trying to keep up with most blogs.  I've also been playing around in TCDB trying to learn the ropes there.  So maybe it was  a coincidence that I happened to catch a post by Jeremy of Topps Cards That Never Were fame at the same time I was diving into TCDB.  While reading his blog I decided to check out his want lists and I saw that he happens to be working on the 1982 Topps baseball set, so perhaps it was another coincidence that I happen to have quite a few of these.

This also gave me a chance to check out a person's want list on TCDB, as well as try out various sorting functions.  I'm still a novice when it comes to using that site, and I still find it rather clumsy, but I was successful in sorting Jeremy's want list (at least I hope I didn't send him a bunch of dupes 😄).  Fortunately Jeremy was a willing trade partner and we struck a deal.

I received a pile of cards this week that included a few Twins and I'll show off some favorites.


I don't know how I didn't have this 1994 Sportflics 2000 Puckett, but it is a welcome addition.


This trio of my favorite ex-Twin player Luis Arraez are nice.  The Chrome Pink Parallel is numbered to /299, but it still hurts to see him in another uniform.

These are all new to me.  The 4 player sticker is cool.


These 2022 Topps Chrome Kirilloff's are very shiny and I'll take parallels when I can get them.


Jeremy also included this awesome Royce Lewis RC.

Thanks to this trade I have now completed the 2022 and 2023 Heritage team sets for the Twins.  
I'm starting to really like Heritage, and may have to start building a set soon.

So there you have it.  I'm qualifying this as a TCDB trade because I actually used the site to get a want list (even though the trade wasn't 100% done through it).   Thanks for the trade Jeremy and I hope you liked the cards I sent!






Comments

  1. Nice cards! I have been working on the 2019 Topps Heritage set. I'm down to less than 60 cards left. They are all SP's. I have a fair number of dupes. I agree with you on Arraez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your playing around in TCDB. I started almost a year ago and I still haven't figured it out. I've completed 45 trades in TCDB and I didn't initiate a single one. One of my goals for this year is to do that. I really like the 2023 Topps Heritage and started a set...it's not an easy one to complete, but its been fun working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog through another site!

    Just completed my first trade a few weeks ago on TCDB after getting my collection updated for about a year.

    I also felt it was clunky at first. I found a few features that make thongs easier. Things like adding by card number, team filters, and adding needs using the team filter.

    I will look you up there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rooting for Arraez to win his third batting title in a row. That guy sure can hit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been on the site for a couple of years now, and it's still extremely clunky to me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment