Mail Day!

I haven't been to a card show or shop in some time.  The card shop closest to me shut down recently, which is a bummer as that was my go-to place for supplies.  Now I have to drive what feels like a million miles to get to the next closest shop.  It's also the second card shop that has suddenly closed its doors this year.  Maybe it's a sign of things to come in the hobby but I hope not.

Despite me not getting to a shop or show lately, I still need to get my fix in.  So internet shopping has become my source for cards lately.  I think the local post office finally got things working smoothly because the envelopes have been coming in!


I'll start with this '75 Hostess card of Nolan Ryan.  It's in pretty good shape for its age and nicely cut.  I'm not actively working on this set but I'll take them when I find'em.


Next up is this decent Willie Stargell for my '72 set.  This set is slowly getting there at 82% complete.


The 1970 Hunter was a great add.  This set is 86% complete!


These cards are nice additions.  The Yaz will make a nice upgrade but this set is lagging at 64%.


Then we have a big get - a Johnny Bench rookie!  I couldn't turn this down for under $100.  Now if I could only find a Ryan for that price.


This was a cheap add for under $5.  I really need to start making an effort to build this set.


Another cheap addition.  This is another set I have my eyes on after I knock off some goals.


This '61 Yaz has been on my mind for a long time and now I finally have one.


Finally a decent Jim Kaat rookie for my 1960 set build.  This set is now 66% complete.

If the mail man could drop off cards like these every day I'd die a happy man.  I've got some good shows coming up that I'm really looking forward to so hopefully I can hunt down a few more needs. 
Until next time happy hunting!

 

Comments

  1. Lot of heavy hitters there. I'll never try to complete the '68 set, but always impressed when someone adds a Bench rookie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa. You added some really nice vintage to your collection recently. Sorry to hear about your LCS closing. I think the ridiculous rent prevented people from opening up card shops in my area, but luckily there's one LCS (about 15 to 30 minutes away... depending on traffic) that's been in business for over 30 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some big cards there! Congrats! Love those Yaz cards!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment