1995 Studio - Procrastination at its finest

As part of my spring cleaning efforts to get organized I've been cleaning off my desk.  The cards have been piling up for way too long.  As is typical, I sometimes buy cards then set them aside thinking, 'yeah I'll get to that soon'.  Well 'soon' never comes around and then I find myself way behind.  Such was the case when I unearthed a box of 1995 Studio baseball.  I remember buying this set on the cheap, and thought I would blog about it right away.  It probably sat next to me for over a year.  


That may seem bad, but I actually have more sets that I wanted to blog about sitting next me.
Having procrastinated this long also cost me.  I remember the auction stating this was a set, and to me that means a complete set.  The box is marked as a set - as you can see right there - but it most certainly is not a complete set.  I'm probably 20 cards shy.


That won't stop me from showing some off a couple of cards, like Barry Larking here.  As you can see, these cards are made to look like credit cards.


Though A-Rod is probably best known nowadays for his fight to own the Timberwolves, he debuted with the Mariners in 1994.  The holograms didn't scan very well, but those depict the team logo.


The back of the card has the same look and feel of a credit card.

As far as I can remember, these cards weren't too popular but I rarely see them in the wild.  I may be in the minority here because I like the credit card concept, though I think the gold series is much better.  So now what to do?  I have an incomplete set that I'm not inclined to complete.  I'll probably sit on that thought for awhile and shove this in the way back of my storage closet.

Comments

  1. I don't know which ones you need but I have about 50 in my collection. Do you have them on a wantlist? If I have any you need, I would be happy to send them your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The want list page has been updated!

      Delete
    2. I have five you need. I will email you back on the ones I have.

      Delete
  2. I have a good chunk of the set and may have some you are missing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting product. I'm especially fond of the plastic parallels. Best of luck with your set build.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment