Goodbye 2022 and Hello 2023

 

2022 was a banner year for this blog.  Of course, it's also the only year (so far) for Crocodile Sports Cards, but I would say it was a pretty gosh dawn good year.  Since this blog's inception, I've been able to share a few collecting adventures and items from my personal collection.  I guess the sharing part is what makes things fun, because who doesn't like to show off a few nice collectibles?

By trade I'm an analyst, so stats always intrigue me.  Since I won't be sharing any collectibles in this post, I will share some quick facts:

1) The blog had over 11k views last year (I'm sure most of those views are from me admiring my own blog, but hey, I'll take it).
2) There were a total of 427 comments.  It took awhile to get the comments going.
3) The top referrers to this blog were TCDB, Google and ...Nine Pockets!
     I don't always need this blog listed in a blogroll, but when I do, I want Nine Pockets :)
4) The blog has been seen by people around the world including countries such as Indonesia, Pakistan, Britain and Australia.  Maybe that's not unique and perhaps the crocodile name helps, but the surprising thing is the amount of views I get from Sweden.  In fact, just a few weeks ago there were more views from Sweden to this blog than anywhere else except the US.
5) This blog made the "Favorite Under the Radar Blog" list in Nachos Grande recent poll, which is pretty cool and probably appropriate considering crocodiles are known for laying low.

Now lets get on to the new resolutions.  First a quick visit to my old resolutions.
1) Finish off 1969, 1970, 1971 or the 1972 set.  
    -That didn't go too well.  Utter failure mainly due to my lack of a true want list.
2) Finish a new shiny set such as 2020 Prizm FB, 2020 Optic FB, UD Hockey or the 70th Patch insert set.
    - Mission accomplished.  2020 Prizm FB was completed just a few weeks ago and the 70th Patch insert set was done months ago.  2020 Optic FB is really close to completion.
3) Finish the 1986-87 Fleer Basketball set.
    - Yep got that done and you can read about it HERE
4) Reduce my collection by 30k cards.
    - Fail.
5) Accumulate more vintage.
    - Mission accomplished.  I'm adding vintage each week.
6) Organize!
    - This is a huge part of maintaining any collection.  Honestly I don't know if this is attainable.

Ok, for 2023 here we go:
1)  Get those darn vintage sets I want to complete organized and counted.  Yeah talking about 69 - 72 baseball as well as some FB sets.
2)  Complete a couple shiny sets.  UD Hockey (along with inserts) and the Topps Batting Helmet insert set come to mind.
3) Expand on the blog and maybe include more videos.
4) Reduce my collection.  I'm not sure by how much, but a net reduction wouldn't be a bad thing.
5) Trade more.  Expand on my trade bait page or (gasp) try trading on TCDB.

This list of resolutions looks more manageable.  I left off the 'organizing' part because that's just a setup for failure.  As has been noted, organizing a collection is a constant process so no need to get frustrated with it.

So here's to what I hope will be a prosperous and meaningful 2023!

Comments

  1. Good luck, it's great having another good blogger around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're around! Hope you reach all your goals this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I made a top-three list! Happy to know that my blogroll is somehow putting in the work for the Crocodile. Keep up the great work here on the blog, and Norway and Finland are sure to follow Sweden's lead. You're going to have a whole Scandinavian fan club before you know it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't even know that you had a trade bait page. I need both of your Post cards on there, what kind of stuff would you be looking for in return for those?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have any other Post cards on my want list, we can work out a trade.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on getting your blog off the ground... and for completing that iconic 1986-87 Fleer basketball set. Best of luck on your 2023 goals!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment