Yet Another Card Show

 

My budget is really taking a hit.  For me this is my 3rd show in 4 weeks.  What's nice is that the show I attended this weekend is fairly close to home, it's a bit smaller with only 40 dealers and I really liked that there was more room to move about and mingle with the dealers.  I could actually take my time digging into boxes trying to find a few needs here and there.  I didn't land anything splashy like the Mantle I posted about recently, but I was pretty happy to bring home a few vintage cards.


First up, I found this 1952 Bud Byerly in a bargain bin.  Since I bought that box with the damaged 1952 Topps cards I've been keeping an eye out for more of these.  It's a mere fantasy to put this set together, but still, I'll pick up a '52 in great shape for a couple bucks anytime.


Here are 3 more needs for my '56 set build.  These cards were in the same bin and each is in pretty decent condition.  My set is now 25% complete.



Next up is a pair of '57s, again found in the same bin.  I completed this set many years ago, but these cards should be nice upgrades.  I'll have to blog about that experience someday.  


I haven't picked up many of these recently.  The 1960 set is intriguing, but not a priority.  Still if I can pick up any needs for 50 cents, I can't turn that down.


This 1961 Post of Hank Aaron was had for under $10.  I'm not working on this set (yet). 


Another insert set build.  These 150 year patch cards are pretty cool.  I had also found a Carew but the dealer and I couldn't get together on a price.  Some folks value these way too much.


I also found this fantastic auto'd card of Paul Krause.  This is a certified auto from the 1997 UD Legends set.  I love these cards but never really find them in the wild.

So it was a semi-successful show for me.  My brother struck out (again), as he really only found one card that interested him only to see it sold off to another buyer later in the day.  Hopefully I'll have time to go to the next weekend's show and do better with knocking out some want lists.  
Until then, happy hunting.


Comments

  1. I feel that your brother is like me with my lists no one hardly ever has anything I need either

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. -The hip and cool Brother responding here:
      I mainly look for hockey - Kaprizov in particular. The card was a Net Deposit bgs 9.5 auto for $700 and at the first table when we walked in. I nearly cried.

      Delete
  2. The row on the left is my kind of tables, those cases usually make me keep walking.....usually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a show this weekend as well. Been awhile since I've been to this particular one. Nightmare. People were, well, {insert bad word here}. Blocking tables, blocking boxes off, and if it weren't shiny/new then you were worthless. Nice pick up tho, nothing like an Aaron for under $10 in this day and age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1997 UD Legends autos are awesome. One of the most iconic autograph sets in trading card history.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Post Aaron pickup, and the Krause auto is very cool. I really need to add a '97 UD Legends auto to my collection.

    Congrats on reaching 25% completion of the '56 Topps set!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment