Frame it Up (row 4) : 1995 Jimmy Deans All Time Great Baseball

 

The final row of my framed up cards consists of another small set.  The 1995 Jimmy Dean All Time Greats set has only 6 cards. The unsigned cards were included with some Jimmy Dean products, but there was an order form where autographed cards could be ordered for a mere $7 and some UPC's.  Only the autographed cards were included in the frame, but I'll highlight the whole set in this post.


Just like its cousins from the Jimmy Dean football set, these cards also came with a nice little COA.  
This card might be the best of the three because the airbrushing isn't as prevalent.


The design of these cards is attractive and adding the full-bleed photo is a nice touch.


Billy Williams wraps the autographed set.


A look at the back of the card shows a nice write up, career highlights and a stat line.


In case anyone was wondering, here's the other 3 cards from the set.  I'm tempted to send these in for auto's to have a complete set of 6 autographed cards.  Of the three cards, I really like the Carew because it looks like he's diving out of the card to catch the ball.  I wonder if that card could be a candidate for Bo's Expanded Baseball Card series?


Here's the original order form.  Sorry you cheapskates, the coupons have expired.  :)
Wouldn't it be nice if we could go back and order a new set?

So that's only 3 cards in the bottom row you say?  The other two were covered in this POST.  In case you missed it here they are:




And finally the whole darn thing!

I'll be certain to keep these out of the sunlight, though I'm not sure I'll keep all the cards in the frame.
Until next post, happy hunting!

Comments

  1. Schmidt's the best player this round, but Hunter's auto gives him an upset victory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those food issued autos, my favorites from the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great looking oddball set. I've got some of the 1991 Jimmy Dean signature edition set. If only it were as easy and cheap to get signatures today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the autograph set from that era that I remember the most. I'd like to get the Hunter someday, that is if I could ever find one cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are very affordable, you shouldn't have any problem finding a cheap one.

      Delete
  5. Great find! You lucked out with those HOF autos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment