Labor of Love (part 2)

 

Following up on my prior post that featured my sort of 1970 Topps baseball (which I'm happy to say is finally done!), I now move on to the other early sets of the 70's.  The photo above is the three boxes I found with my 71's.  Hopefully this will be a quicker sort as I know I've gone through a few of these in the past.  But as usual, I tend to pick up a few cards here and there and simply box them up.


What's kind of cool is the card on top is actually autographed by Tony Oliva!  Pretty cool finding this just laying there waiting to breath fresh air.


What makes it even better is that it is OPC!  I'm pretty sure this is the only OPC card from '71 I own.


My next sort will be '72 Topps.  This could be ugly.  I've got a ton of these and I don't recall ever doing any sorting of any kind.  So far I haven't found any autographed cards, but I did find a stash of 1969's hiding in here (that want list has been updated).  


These are my boxes of 1973 Topps.  This set was sorted and completed a long time ago.  But these were in the way so I'm showing them off here.  As I previously hinted at here it is not my favorite set.  There will be another post about this thing coming up.

So my sorting chores continue.  And to my surprise my 1970 set build is now 77% complete!  Another surprise is this:

Yep, some extra Hanks!  I like it when that happens.  They're not perfect, but they suit me perfectly.

Besides, I have this nice specimen in my goody box.

The weatherman says we're in for the coldest weekend of the year (so far), so while I'm sorting cards this weekend, I'll crack open a cold one and cheers everyone who has sat down for hours and hours, sorting boxes and boxes of cards.  It truly is a labor of love.


Comments

  1. Any blog post that features Hank Aaron and a card autographed by a Hall of Famer is a high quality post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, multiple '70 Aarons. I have one, and it's miscut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want to part ways with some 71s lmk thanks & nice Hanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I said many times before the 1970 cards were the first ones I ever bought on my own when I was 8. Every dime I could round up went to another pack. I have very few of them left. As a substitute I'm building a 2019 Topps Heritage set. I have about 60 left to go. Nice Aaron cards! The Tony O. auto is great! He is one of my childhood favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like you've bought and forgotten some great cards over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of those Hank's. That's one of those cards I regret not getting before the boom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment