Visiting My Resolutions

 

The 4th quarter is nearing, so I thought it would be a good time to see how much progress I've made regarding my 2022 resolutions.  I last visited this back in May  And while I've made progress on some things, others have stalled.  Thankfully I've been able to find some time to update my want lists which help me stay on track, however I have quite a few more sets to sort through (especially vintage sets).  So, good news or bad news here's an update:

  • Finish 2 of the following baseball sets:  1969, 1970, 1971 or 1972
    • Basically no progress since the last update.  I've been acquiring a few here and there but not enough to make a dent and I still don't have an accurate want list up.  This is depressing
  • Finish a shiny new set.  This included the 2020 Prizm FB, 2020-21 UD Hockey or the Topps 70th Anniversary patch insert set.
    • Woo hoo!  I completed one set, the Topps 70th Patch Insert Set, which is pretty darn cool.  And I've made significant progress on UD Hockey and the 2020 Prizm FB set (though I still need that darn Herbert RC).
  • Finish the 1986-87 Fleer Basketball set
    • As of my last acquisition, I am only 3 cards away!  This is very doable by year's end
  • Reduce my collection by 30k cards
    • Ugh!  Total, utter disaster.  I've actually added to my collection!  Once I clear out a few thousand from my recent bulk buy, I'll feel better about this.  But still I'm a long, long way off on this one.
  • Accumulate more vintage, especially from 1956 and 1965
    • Steadily making progress and finally put up a complete want list for my '56 build.
  • Organize, organize, organize!
    • Ummm...this is an ongoing struggle.  Once I'm able to clear out a few cards, the organization piece will start to come together.  But it's really not looking good for this year.
So, when the Holidays come around, here's to hoping for these resolutions to be resolved.

And if you so dare, the box below contains a few cards.  Mostly from '87 Topps and mostly commons.
Go ahead and put a claim in the comments and a bunch of random cards will be sent your way.



Comments

  1. Attempting to complete two vintage baseball sets and the 86/87 Fleer basketball set are some pretty lofty goals. Best of luck. I'm pretty stoked that you're down to only need 3 cards for that iconic basketball set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think every card collector has a goal to organize, but it's a constant ongoing process that it's hard to really ever complete. Good luck on these resolutions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I think you're right about that. It's an ongoing battle to keep things in an orderly fashion and easy to access.

      Delete
  3. Good luck trying to nail down those resolutions! I'm too new of a follower to claim anything so I'll pass this time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment