Resolution Check In

 

Time for a quarterly check on my goals for 2023.  Before getting to all that, here's a quick rundown of my goals as seen in THIS POST.  

1)  Get those darn vintage sets I want to complete organized and counted.  Yeah talking about 69 - 72 baseball as well as some FB sets.
2)  Complete a couple shiny sets.  UD Hockey (along with inserts) and the Topps Batting Helmet insert set come to mind.
3) Expand on the blog and maybe include more videos.
4) Reduce my collection.  I'm not sure by how much, but a net reduction wouldn't be a bad thing.
5) Trade more.  Expand on my trade bait page or (gasp) try trading on TCDB.


Goal #1:  Nope.  Still behind on that, but I'm going to make that a focus for this quarter.  I know I'm not far from completing a couple of those sets.  The obstacle here is that I really have to dig to get these out and I'm not looking forward to that day.

Goal #2: Success!  I completed the 2021 Topps Chrome 70th Die Cut insert set (find it HERE) and also completed the 2020 Donruss Optic FB set (find it HERE).  Super thrilled to have those done.  And I've been making steady progress on the batting helmet insert set.

Goal #3: Nope.  So far its the same old same old.  Actually I've made fewer posts at this point this year then last year.  But I've got a few ideas though, just need to find more time. A lot more time.

Goal #4: Reduce what?  My collection has been expanding.  I really need to thin this thing out.

Goal #5: Trade more:  Time constraints and prior mail issues have me leery of sending or receiving cards. Nevertheless, I still need to find a way to make a few more trades.

 So how does this grade out so far?  Not very well.  I'd probably give myself a D+ at this point.  But it's still early in the year, so there's plenty of time to bump that grade up.  Maybe I'll get extra credit for completing another shiny set or two. 

Speaking of reducing my collection, I was supposed to give away this card:

Congratulation Matt (Cards Over Coffee)!  Make sure to email your address and I'll get this card out.


Comments

  1. I would give myself a higher grade than you did. I'm trying to get more out to others than I'm adding. I'm not doing well at that. Maybe another trade is in order. At least the snow is now gone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the sets at least! I totally agree about the mail issues (and mail cost even more!) keeping me from sending out more cards. I'd love to do more trading and giveaways, but since my card budget is usually $40 a month, postage puts a real downer on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on completing those shiny sets... and best of luck on your other goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!!! Thanks! Will email
    In a few!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Matt-Cards Over Coffee

      As for your grades, I think any step in the right direction is above a b grade. As for trading. I am
      Always up for a Pwe trade!

      Delete

Post a Comment